7.04.2013

Korean Pancake - Hoddeok

It's summer time in Vancouver, and that means night markets are in full swing! Chris and I were at the "old" night market, AKA The International Summer Night Market, when I first discovered hoddeok.

 It is Korea's version of Beaver Tails! I would say Hoddeok is BETTER than Beaver Tails! It has the chewy texture of Asian pancakes, like green onion pancake, but filled with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts!

Naturally, I wanted to learn how to make it. I turned to my newest obsession, YouTube, for a recipe. I came across this amazing channel, Maangchi. She has so many videos of her recipes, I can't wait to try them all. Her video for Hoddeok made it look so simple, I just had to try it out.

For the full recipe, head over to Vancity Buzz!

You need to cook and serve these right away. The first time I made Hoddeok, I got too excited, and cooked all 8 at once. Unfortunately, they get hard pretty quick. The filled dough can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.

This dough is so easy to make! You can fill it with anything. I might try filling it with meat sauce next time.

What's your favourite Korean recipe?

~meesh

No comments :

Post a Comment